Monday

Sign of success

My husband took the day off work today to go hiking with the kids.

When getting ready for the outing this morning, my 12 year-old daughter packed her nature journal and pencils in her backpack.

I realized today that nature journaling has become a hobby for her, rather than an assignment from mom, and that development is fun for me to see.

I mentioned to my husband that she was bringing her sketching supplies, and he said, "I'd better bring mine, too." (He started a nature journal long before I did, long before we had kids or knew about Charlotte Mason. I give him lots of credit for setting the example for the rest of us.)

My son, in turn, packed a baseball, mitt, soccer ball, and Frisbee.

Photo: English plantains growing along the Hudson River.

No comments:

Post a Comment